Property Consulting Services
Committed to Exemplary Service
Buyer’s Agents versus Selling Agents
A Buyer’s Agent works exclusively for the purchaser sourcing properties that match the buyer’s requirements. Buyer’s Agents use their knowledge of real estate sourcing and negotiating the best property with favourable settlement conditions. Whereas, a selling agent’s responsibility is to act in the best interests of the vendor, to exclusively advertise and sell the vendors property for the highest price to the market place, and is more motivated about securing a transaction rather than worrying about whether it’s the right property or not for the buyer!
What do Buyer's Agents do?
Buyer’s Agents will:
- Find and Identify the most suitable and best available properties in the market according to the buyer’s requirements, needs and property goals.
- Evaluate and Shortlist properties for buyer’s consideration and help select which property is the most appropriate based on the buyer’s criteria.
- Undertake comprehensive Property Due Diligence on the buyer’s selected property highlighting its Strengths and Weaknesses independently and objectively.
- Negotiate the lowest possible purchase price with the best terms and conditions on behalf of the buyer.
What is an Off-Market property?
Off-Market Property is generally defined as a:
- Property which is not for sale.
- Property which is for sale, but not advertised on the main real estate websites such as realestate.com.au and domain.com.au
- Property which is for quick sale, at all cost.
- Property that was previously listed and marketed and then withdrawn from market.
Very often off-market properties are not staged for sale. And it takes an experienced property professional to see through the clutter, to appreciate the true value of the property. As a buyer, if the property suits your needs, you need to ask the right questions of the owner/selling agent, as a lot of time, energy and resources can be wasted in trying to buy an Off-Market Property. We can help with this, and provide a buying opportunity that otherwise would not have been available.
Your Australian Property has a real estate network of over 500+ local selling agents, which acts as your direct link to Off-Market Properties, private listings and receiving access to the best properties before they even come onto the market. Today, approximately 25% of the properties we purchase for our clients, across all prices, are bought Off-Market as a result of WHO We KNOW in the real estate industry.
When NOT to use a Buyer's Agent?
At Your Australian Property we are always upfront with our clients that we represent. Integrity and honesty is why our clients have trust with our opinion. And it is why our clients come back for their 2nd, 3rd and subsequent properties.
However, engaging a Buyer’s Agent to help you find and buy your next property does not always work for everyone. Possible explanations why a Buyer’s Agent may not be a suitable or a practical option are:
- You have too much free time (and lots of that), are prepared to waste months attending irrelevant property inspections, your time is cheap and you do not value your time.
- You are not interested in buying your property in under 60 days.
- You have not suffered the heartache of buying the wrong property.
- You have not suffered any financial pain in terms of overpaying for your property.
- You graduated from the University of Google and/or University of Facebook, with practice in desktop hands-on experience and have no trouble differentiating fact from fiction.
- You are happy with what you see on the public property listing boards, and are not interested with the fact that over 70% of the properties transacted are never listed publicly.
- You are happy to bid competitively at all cost, to out-bid your competitor.
- You already have access to Confidential Sales Data.
- You are happy and comfortable in negotiating and dealing with selling agents.
Do you focus on Capital Growth or Cash-Flow?
We certainly don’t adhere to a ‘one size fits all’ approach, we tailor each area recommendation and property search to the specific needs of the individual investor with both Capital Growth and Cash-Flow criteria being considered. That said, over the last 30 years our focus has always been strong Capital Growth as the fundamental objective for any purchase.
Are Buyer’s Agents / Buyer’s Advocates Licensed?
Buyer’s Agents in Melbourne MUST hold a full Real Estate Agent’s Licence in order to be able to legally act on behalf of a client in a property transaction in the state of Victoria. Buyers should always ask to see the Buyer’s Agent’s real estate license and also check the expiry to ensure their licence is currently active. You can also run a search for licensed and registered real estate agents on the relevant Victorian Government website: https://registers.consumer.vic.gov.au/easearch
Who uses a Buyer’s Agent?
Everyone! We have helped a diverse range of purchasers including first home buyers, property investors, retirees/downsizers and family home buyers.
Buy Investment Property for my 'SMSF' Super Fund?
What areas of Melbourne do you buy in?
As Independent Buyer’s Agents in Melbourne, we are not restricted whatsoever, in terms of which locations we can search and buy property for our clients.
Your Australian Property has also successfully purchased a wide range of properties on behalf of clients, from studios and apartments through to multi-million dollar homes or commercial properties. We buy all over Melbourne, at all price points. So whatever your needs GIVE US A CALL ON 0418 144 644.
For further details check out our major Service Areas within the Melbourne metropolitan area.
What makes you different from other Buyers Agents?
Quite simply, our Buyer’s Agents are totally dedicated to ensuring your property buying experience is enjoyable, exciting and stress-free, and above-all you have a fun and rewarding customer experience. Clients can track every step using our Online Property Tracker to keep up to date with our progress in real time. You can have as little or as much input as you like. And of course, the biggest benefit of our Buyer’s Agents Service is that Your Australian Property will continue to inspect, evaluate and negotiate on an unlimited number of properties within an agreed time-frame.
You’ll be impressed by our Buyer’s Agents in-depth knowledge of the Melbourne Property Market. Head over to our ‘Reviews’ page to read our clients stories and watch what our clients have to say about us.