Update on what’s permitted in the real estate industry as a result of Victorian Government’s Coronavirus restrictions …
- Requirements like face coverings, curfew timings, social distancing, one person only etc. must be observed at all times
- Your workplace includes your office, a property that you may be leasing/ selling/managing, car that you use while travelling to the workplace
- Any individual performing the permitted work listed below must have a valid permitted worker permit at all times.
- The permit is only applicable for the specific permitted work we have listed below. Heavy fines apply for the individual and the business so please exercise caution.
- Information provided here applies for all property types – residential and commercial/ industrial
METRO MELBOURNE – WHAT WORK IS PERMITTED
- Services required for end or start of lease
- This can include final inspections, key collections, final cleaning and any other services directly related to the start or end of lease only.
- You must ensure that the requirements listed above are adhered to.
- The tenant may move in or out of the property keeping all the requirements like face coverings, one person at a time etc. in mind
- Services related to completing a property settlement
- This can include final inspections, key collections, final cleaning etc. and any other services directly related to the settlement.
- You must ensure that the requirements listed above are adhered to
- The buyer may move in to the property keeping all the requirements like face coverings, one person at a time etc. in mind.
- All other inspections can be online only
- Auctions must be online only.
DURATION OF METRO MELBOURNE STAGE 4 RESTRICTIONS WILL LAST FOR A PERIOD OF SIX WEEKS APPLYING FROM 11:59PM WEDNESDAY 5TH AUGUST 2020 UNTIL 11:59PM SUNDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2020
REGIONAL VICTORIA – WHAT WORK IS PERMITTED
- All inspections must be by private appointment only
- All auctions must be online only
- People should work from home unless they are unable to
DURATION OF REGIONAL VICTORIA & MITCHELL SHIRE STAGE 3 RESTRICTIONS WILL LAST FOR A PERIOD OF SIX WEEKS APPLYING FROM 11:59PM WEDNESDAY 5TH AUGUST 2020 UNTIL 11:59PM SUNDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2020
TRAVEL BETWEEN MELBOURNE AND REGIONAL VICTORIA
Travel from between Melbourne and Regional Victoria is only permitted for one of the reasons stated under “METRO MELBOURNE – WHAT WORK IS PERMITTED”
- A resident of Melbourne must adhere to the Stage 4 restrictions even when they travel to Regional Victoria.
- A resident of regional Victoria must adhere to the Stage 4 restrictions while they are in Melbourne for the permitted reasons .
- A buyer or tenant moving in or out of a property, may travel between the areas while meeting the requirements of Stage 4.
- A prospective buyer or prospective tenant cannot travel between the areas, only online inspections are permitted
For further information and updates about Victorian Government Coronavirus Restrictions, please go to:
Take care fellow Victorians. Stay safe, stay healthy!
Your Australian Property lives and breathes property and knows the Melbourne Property Market! We at Your Australian Property offer comprehensive end-to-end support from identifying and analysing your selected properties to dealing with selling agents, attending property inspections, purchase negotiations and / or auction bidding on your behalf. Our Independent Buyer’s Agents in Melbourne, will take the time to understand your situation and work out what your individual needs, specific requirements and property goals are, so we can begin searching for your next property. To get in touch with us today, please complete our Enquiry Form so we can discuss your objectives and outline our process in clear and simple terms.